Help Tiger Barb Not Swimming Right .

joe914

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
One of my tiger barbs is shaking and not moving right ,i read online it might be swim bladder or constipation, i put peas in the tank the other fish devoured it i don't think he got to eat any of it.I removed him and put him one of those marina breeding containers that runs water from the tank through it and back into the tank.I put one pea in the breeder container and he is not eating it at least not yet.will this go away if i don't feed him for a few days,is this contagious i have one of those 2 1/2 gallon tanks should i put in there for now or should i just put him back in the tank with the other barbs and wait and see.

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If it is indeed constipation then try fasting for couple of days. Also whatever you feed him (pea) make sure its cut in tiny pieces and the shell removed. Also soak the fish food pellets in water for ten mins before feeding.
I hope its not swim bladder. If it is i recommend you go through other articles on this forum regarding swim bladder. They have detailed explanation about how to treat it.(at least the early stages)

joe914

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Rohit mess said:
If it is indeed constipation then try fasting for couple of days. Also whatever you feed him (pea) make sure its cut in tiny pieces and the shell removed. Also soak the fish food pellets in water for ten mins before feeding.
I hope its not swim bladder. If it is i recommend you go through other articles on this forum regarding swim bladder. They have detailed explanation about how to treat it.(at least the early stages)
He ate the pea but he is still not swimming right ,i am a little worried i have had my hand in the tank and have some light scratches on my arms, his body is curved to one side when he tries to swim could it be Tb.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom