Help this has been going on and off for 3 months.

Luckyscale2003

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 10 g split in half
How long has the tank been running? 3 months
Does it have a filter? Sponge filter
Does it have a heater? 50 watt
What is the water temperature? 78
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 20 guppy fry(used for cycling) and a female betta

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? 30%
What do you use to treat your water? Water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? I vacuum

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API master
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: more than 0 less than .25ppm
Nitrite: more than 0 less than .25ppl
Nitrate: 10
pH:7.4

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once a day
How much do you feed your fish? Small pinch
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Fluval bsfl flakes
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Live bbs and freeze fried bloodworms

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 3 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Off and on for 3 months
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Constantly getting fluffy white growths
Have you started any treatment for the illness? I have tried salt I have tried tetra lifeguard and kanaplex
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No he was beautiful
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? If I let it get bad he gets lethargic but I keep it under control

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now) so he gets it off and on I even qt him for 2 months watching him get this thing off and on. It only effects him if it gets about the size of a pea and it only seems to happen when he is in 78 degree water. If I have him at room temp the thing quickly dies off along with using salt. I just wanna know how to stop this permanently.
Sorry for bad quality photos today’s been a rough day since I found out my grandpa died.

Attachments

• 6A1D1F0C-590D-448D-86E5-0E1C4EF4FB93.jpeg
    6A1D1F0C-590D-448D-86E5-0E1C4EF4FB93.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 31
  • BCE10B87-4804-451D-879C-F3826BAB4217.jpeg
    BCE10B87-4804-451D-879C-F3826BAB4217.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 31

N13

I think the disease is ich, it is very common and you can research online on how to prevent it, sorry for your lose

Upvote 0

Luckyscale2003

I thought. It was more fungal I added a heavy dose of kanaplex and it has melted off

Upvote 0

N13

I thought. It was more fungal I added a heavy dose of kanaplex and it has melted off
Alright, keep an eye for it, good luck

Upvote 0

K8lin

I would just be careful with the medicine doses and do a good water change after you give it because some medicines can hurt the fish and give them kidney failure after being in their system too long. my betta started getting white fuzz when he was getting really sick, and marycyne blue baths did help until he passed away. Some bacteria grows in warmer water so id say if it goes away in room temp waters keep that up. and also do frequent water changes. Sorry about your grandpa I will pray for him.

Upvote 0

Luckyscale2003

he seems well. i will be doing a large water change in the morning. thank you guys for kind words.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Melina1020
  • Question
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
WhiteRose1