HELP: Swim Bladder Disease and fin rot?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by apple429, Dec 7, 2012.

1. apple429

apple429 Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone. So last night my male angelfish starting floating belly up at the top of the tank, but he was still alive. So I took precautions (checked the health of all the fish in the tank (swordtail fry, pregnant swordtail, and female angel), everyone was active, healthy, and normal, and "QT'd" the male angel in a breeder net, my qt tank is in use, and did a 50% water change)) and this morning when I came in and checked on him, my female was at the bottom of the tank belly up, and they both look like their fins are rotting. ALSO, I have three dead swordtail fry, but my pregnant swordtail still seems fine.

I think I am going to loose my angel's, but what should I do with the rest of my fish. Is swim bladder disease/ fin rot "contagious?"

All help appreciated, THANKS!

EDIT:
    My female angel has officially passed, and my male is breathing heavier (i don't know if that's good or not). Whatever it is it is killing my swordtail fry like crazy... within the past 4 hours I have had deaths, and at least 15 soon to be deaths. However my pregnant swordtail is still acting normal.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. OP
    OP
    apple429

apple429 Well Known Member Member

Bumping...

UPDATE: I lost my male angelfish and all of my swordtail fry, but my female swordtail is still alive and looks healthy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice