Help: Suggestions for tank layout/aquascaping

shaunparr84

tmp-cam-847987814.jpg

Hello everyone!

I've had this tank running now since late May, did a fishless cycle and added fish in early July. The tank is a Aquael 60 (54l, 14 gallon). Sand substrate.

I currently have 2 African Dwarf Frogs, 4 cardinal tetras and one nerite snail. I intend on adding shrimps.

In terms of plants I have Java Fern in the far left of the tank and Anacharis on the far right. I have amazon frogbit floating and ive recently messily attached fissidens to the driftwood (added after pic was taken). I have 2 cocunut shells and one ceramic log (visible bottom right) and 4 moss balls.

The purpose of the post is to see if anyone has got any ideas/suggestions on how to make the tank look better. I want to ideally have as many hiding places as possible but at the same time the tank feels overcrowded and unbalanced.

Any ideas anyone, I need inspiration!

Thanks in advance

thefishlit
View attachment 202239

In terms of plants I have Java Fern in the far left of the tank and Anacharis on the far right.
The one on the far right doesn't look like anacharis to me...

GoldieBubbles
I would add a small price of drift wood on the right for a tiny cavern (hiding spot!) and move some of the tall plants on the sides to the back to make the sides look less crowded and the middle look less barren. (Just advice I am not a aquascape expert by any means)

shaunparr84
Ah I see, I thought I'd got Anacharis haha, never mind.

Yes, I initially had the plant on the right at the back of the tank But uprooted too easily so I stuck it in the log. I'm intending on replacing it but at the minute I don't want to remove plants until I've got replacements as I want to keep my nitrates low.

Thanks for suggestions, any more welcome...?

Oddie65
I'm not sure what's available as far as plants in your area so I'll keep quiet on them but pick a style you'd like to follow in regards to tank layout and follow it religiously, you'll be very happy with the end result. I can't seem to explain it properly myself but these guys do a good job of providing a basic understanding. They also have articles that go into greater detail with individual styles, and I personally love the minimalistic approach as well as "nature" aquascapes. (Currently setting up a tank following the nature approach)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
psalm18.2
Replies
Views
BeanFish
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views