Help! Strange Spots On Silver Molly

Daxisapit

Member
I’ve discovered some weird white spots on my Molly’s tail and side fins. Pictures below. It doesn’t look like ICH because it isn’t sticking off of her scales. I’d like to know what these are so that I can treat her. She’s in a 29 gallon, been cycled since last year


 
  • Thread Starter

Daxisapit

Member
ASHLEY R COOK said:
Looks like fin rot or columnaris
I don’t think it’s fin rot, what can I do though?
 

ASHLEY R COOK

Member
Daxisapit said:
I don’t think it’s fin rot, what can I do though?
I would keep the water pristine by doing water changes at least every other day. If it is getting worse I would put in a separate tank and medicate with something like kanaplex (because that's what I have on hand).
I'm no expert bc I'm still new but that's what I would do and have done. Maybe someone will chime in that knows for sure
 

coralbandit

Member
This may offer part of an explanantion.
Possibly look into lymphocystis .
 
  • Thread Starter

Daxisapit

Member
coralbandit said:
This may offer part of an explanantion.
Possibly look into lymphocystis .
Thank you, I think it may be the calcification. She still seems okay, eating, active. Not laying on the ground or anything.

ASHLEY R COOK said:
I would keep the water pristine by doing water changes at least every other day. If it is getting worse I would put in a separate tank and medicate with something like kanaplex (because that's what I have on hand).
I'm no expert bc I'm still new but that's what I would do and have done. Maybe someone will chime in that knows for sure
Ok thanks
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom