Help Help! Strange Spots On Silver Molly

Daxisapit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’ve discovered some weird white spots on my Molly’s tail and side fins. Pictures below. It doesn’t look like ICH because it isn’t sticking off of her scales. I’d like to know what these are so that I can treat her. She’s in a 29 gallon, been cycled since last year

IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3256.jpg

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don’t think it’s fin rot, what can I do though?
I would keep the water pristine by doing water changes at least every other day. If it is getting worse I would put in a separate tank and medicate with something like kanaplex (because that's what I have on hand).
I'm no expert bc I'm still new but that's what I would do and have done. Maybe someone will chime in that knows for sure

Daxisapit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This may offer part of an explanantion.
Possibly look into lymphocystis .
Thank you, I think it may be the calcification. She still seems okay, eating, active. Not laying on the ground or anything.

I would keep the water pristine by doing water changes at least every other day. If it is getting worse I would put in a separate tank and medicate with something like kanaplex (because that's what I have on hand).
I'm no expert bc I'm still new but that's what I would do and have done. Maybe someone will chime in that knows for sure
Ok thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom