Help Stocking

1. Crimsonbull57 Member Member

So I ended up stocking my 10 gallon with
    1 Ghost Shrimp (evil)
    2 Oto's
    4 Kuhli Loaches

Now I just need help with a "display fish"
    I was thinking of pair of Peacock Gudgeons.
    Not sure if anyone had kept these before. The Khuli's and Oto's are pretty shy so I wanted somthing that wouldn't hide in the corner or anything like that.
    Or if anyone has any other suggestions.
    My pH is about 7.6 and I do WC's regularly.

2. josh7 Well Known Member Member

3. CherryBarb123 Member Member

4. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

I dont know if the floor space of a 10 gallon is enough for 4 khuli loaches IMO. I think they will stay reclusive and never explore because of it.

Josh7's idea is best. I wouldnt do a Dwarf Gourami in a 10 gallon and a betta has to much of a split personality to keep safely.

5. fighter55 Member Member

In a ten gallon long maybe the kuhlis would have enough space, or there just aren't enough of them. I agree with josh too. A Gourami, like a Honey, would be the best option, since it is usually quite docile and has amazing colors. DG's can be pretty nasty at times, IMO, and the same can be said for bettas.

6. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

10 gallon long? I've never heard of that?

7. fighter55 Member Member

I just mean longer rather than taller. I have seen ten gallon long tanks and ten gallon tall tanks, but there really isn't much of a difference.

8. josh7 Well Known Member Member

IMO you should be okay since the Kuhli loaches are the only bottom dwelleres and they have all the space.

9. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I would rehome both the kuhlis and the otos. Both do much better in larger groups and a 10 gallon does not have a big enough foot print for the super active loaches.

I would rehome them and get maybe a honey gourami and maybe a small school of neon tetras and maybe a couple snails and some RCS or something.

There are also a couple kinds of micro fish you can get for the tank they just are a little harder to find sometimes.

10. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

Saying they have all the space in a 10 gallon floor isnt much space, even if another fish was there.

I have to agree with this. The foot print is NOWHERE near what i would recommend for khuli's. They might seem fine now, reclusive yes, but they will always be like that beacuse they have nowhere to go. They really are super active, especially when you see them in a larger tank in a larger group

11. fighter55 Member Member

I agree with iZaO