Help Stocking Ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jamiemurphy777, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Jamiemurphy777

Jamiemurphy777New MemberMember

Hi guys, I have a 25g tank with artificial plants and decorations and I have a 54g aquascape heavily planted.

I have 1 angelfish, 2 blue gourami, 12 neon tetra, 6 guppies, 1 yoyo loach, 1 zebra loach and 3 flying foxes.

At first the tanks went 25g had gourimi, both loachs and flying foxes. All fish got along and were very happy. The gourimi are still small but once they get bigger I will move to a bigger tank.

The 50g had the neon tetra originally and then I added the angelfish. They lived happily together for over 2 months. I then added the guppies and the angelfish started to chase them. So I removed them and put the guppies and neon in the 25g and everything else in the 50g.

I don't like it that way as I much preferred the guppies and neons on the bigger tank as they filled it better. I don't like my loachs in my scape because they mess up my subsrate.

Any possible solutions or combinations you guys can think of?

Thanks

2. AJE

AJEWell Known MemberMember

How many angels?

3. OP
    OP
    Jamiemurphy777

Just one

4. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Problem is angels cannot live with neons but 25gallons is too small for an angel so the neons would have to go in the 25g

5. OP
    OP
    Jamiemurphy777

The angel lived with the neon before it wasn't a problem. It was when I introduced the guppies the angel started chasing them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice