Help Stocking 120g Big Fish 120 Gallon Tank

1. jonsavino Initiate Member

Hello,

I just ordered a 48x24x24 tank with a fluval fx6 canister. New tank will be fully cycled as i am bring over same substrate and older c360 canister. The only fish i want to bring over from my old 37g is my adult angel fish and my adult rainbow shark. I want to go with bigger fish under 10" when fully grown. Ideas anyone?

2. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

3. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't mix a dempsey, flowerhorns, or a red devil with angels. An oscar would be up to the individual oscar if he was going to tolerate the angel. But oscars will get larger than 10 inches.

I personally would go with a pair of severums in a tank like that. Though something like a pair of chocolate cichlids would also work. You could try one of the more peaceful viejas in a tank like that but you specifically said nothing larger than 10 inches and they all bust that.

4. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Just listing some options I read the part under 10" wrong, i thought you meant over 10" my bad

5. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Another option, though may be hard to find, would be an amphilophus lyonsi. Amphs in general are very aggressive but lyonsi are the most peaceful of the bunch. Might work with the angel, especially since the angel is full grown.

6. jonsavino Initiate Member

So i was reading someone else in this forums stocking ideas for a 120 and I like it. What do you guys think of this

2 x Angel Fish
    2 or 3 Electric Blue Acara
    4 x Red Head Tapajos
    2 x Severums
    School of corys

7. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I think it's a bit overstocked. I'd lose one of the cichlid species.