Help!!!! snail eggs or fish eggs?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by allibobs, Apr 11, 2010.

1. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Can any one ID if these are snail eggs or fish eggs, there all over my tank. They could be Head and tail light tetra's, Harlequin Rasboras, or an invasion of snails

399.jpg

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Snail eggs :)
    Carol

3. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

Oh no :( not more snails I'm like a possessed woman trying to get rid of them . How do I get rid of tiny pesky snails?

4. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Put a peice of lettuce in the tank wait for them to move on it and then remove the lettuce

5. allibobsWell Known MemberMember

What a clever idea! Thank you I will try that as they are driving me NUTS lol

6. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Usually snails multiply according the food available. Reducing feedings, extra water changes and gravel vacuums will take food away from them, vacuum up snails and eggs. Remove as many snails as you can by baiting them (furallicah's suggestion).
    Snail eggs can come in with plants( dip in 1/19 bleach/water solution and rinse), and in fish water 9never pour LFS water in your tank).
    A few snails are good for your tank, they eat left over food and keep the substrate loose :)
    Hope that helps
    Carol

7. angelfish220Well Known MemberMember

I had a horrid snail infestation, then every night I would take all the snails on my aquarium glass out and kill them. now they are down to useful numbers,

8. rainmanWell Known MemberMember

They are quite healthy for the fish to eat. don't worry about the shell pieces, the fish will spit them out.

9. angelfish220Well Known MemberMember

I know, I took them and fed them to my puffer fish... ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice