Help!!! Sick Rasbora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Irony

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've just noticed that one of my harlequins has a large red lump on his side. He is swimming and eating but his fins are clamped, he's not schooling like he usually does and keeps taking himself off to the corner.

I know my rasbora can be a bit nippy with each other but this looks like a lump under his scales with no visible wound. I've attached a few photos (sorry about the quality little bugger got a spurt of energy when I got the camera out)

20170425_220454.jpg
20170425_220522.jpg

20170425_220544.jpg

Has anyone got any ideas what this is please?

Parameters (API Master Test Kit):
PH - 6.6
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0

meyowmeow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so sorry your fish is having a problem! I am thinking it could either be fish TB, a tumor, or possible parasites. Do you know how long your fish has had the bump? If it's been there awhile, does it get larger or smaller or change shape in any way?

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It honestly looks like a tumor. I can't think of a parasite that would cause a red bump like that under the skin. But if his fins are clamped, he's obviously stressed out from it. I would put him in a QT tank and do probably 50% water changes and see if that helps. I've read through some older, similar threads to this and that's all you really can do - at least a few people have had success with putting the fish in a QT tank and watching the tumor slowly go done. Sometimes it'll reappear in days, but keeping up with water changes is the only thing I've found to help.

OP
Eternal Irony

Eternal Irony

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tank was definitely cycled, I madebsure if that when I set it up and I've had it running for almost 3 years.

I've been away for a couple of weeks so OH has been feeding and doing small water changes. I did a big 50% change 3 days ago when I got home not sure if that could have affected the readings.

If it is a tumor it came up really quickly as he only changed overnight and it hasn't got any bigger since. Poor little guy is loosing colour now too but still comes out for food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom