HELP sick fish

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
el1234 said:
20g tank with fancy guppies, water parameters are good with weekly water changes of about 30-50%. Started flashing a few days ago and very lethargic, 5 dead within 3 days. Some showing deterioration of fins with 1 or 2 showing signs of ick. I was going to treat with melafix/pimafix. Will this also cure ick? it is safe to use mela/pima fix in combination with super ick cure?
No it won't cure ish.
If you need to do full treatment I would use a 3 way attack if maybe ich and other infection. This is my meds I use. I use all 3 at same time. Depending if I waterchange it changes if I med more or not

Attachments

GuppyDazzle

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have several problems with your guppies, your water parameters are probably not good. What are your actual test readings? How long has the tank been set up? Is it cycled?

Melxfix is an antibacterial. Pimafix is an anti-fungal. Ich is a parasite. There are several ich cures available and all should work if they're name brands.

But I'd be worried about what caused all the problems in the first place. If there's something wrong with your water, you can add as much medicine as you want and it's not going to do any good. How often and how much water do you change out?

OP
E

el1234

Reaction score
GuppyDazzle said:
If you have several problems with your guppies, your water parameters are probably not good. What are your actual test readings? How long has the tank been set up? Is it cycled?

Melxfix is an antibacterial. Pimafix is an anti-fungal. Ich is a parasite. There are several ich cures available and all should work if they're name brands.

But I'd be worried about what caused all the problems in the first place. If there's something wrong with your water, you can add as much medicine as you want and it's not going to do any good. How often and how much water do you change out?
Tank is cycled, I've had it for about a year. This is the first time I'm having a problem like this.
GH between 120 and 180
KH 120
pH 7
Nitrite 0
Nitrate between 0 and 20
Water changes are done weekly about 30-50% but usually more towards 50%

New Threads