Help! Sick Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Lauren Couch, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Lauren CouchValued MemberMember

i noticed white patches not spots on my guppies so i treated with api super ick cure woke up the next morning and my guppies tail was completely shredded so i cleaned the tank did 100% water change added api super ick cure and api fungus cure (thats why the water is green) does anybody know what this is or have seen it before? is it fungal or bacterial?

Attached Files:

2. maggie thecat

maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

Can you describe your tank conditions, please?

Post the most recent water chemistry test results.
    Describe the size and stocking.

3. OP
    OP
    L

Lauren CouchValued MemberMember

0, 0, 20< ph 7.0 heater at 78F 5Gal. 3 guppies, 1 snail, 3corys, &1 ghost shrimp. for filteration i have a 15gal hob filter and a 10gal air pump to help further with the oxygen and gas exchanges

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    L

Lauren CouchValued MemberMember

0, 0, 20< ph 7.0 heater at 78F 5Gal. 3 guppies, 1 snail, 3corys, &1 ghost shrimp. for filteration i have a 15gal hob filter and a 10gal air pump to help further with the oxygen and gas exchanges

5. maggie thecat

maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

It's likely a fungal infection brought on by overcrowding .

Keep up the antifungal treatments and please consider upgrading to a minimum of 20 gallon tank as soon as possible.

As an fyi, the current stocking recommendation for cory of all types is a minimum grouping of 6.

Guppies need to be in a minimum of 10 gallons with further room available for the inevitable fry.

Depending on the snail type - is it a Mystery? You may also be crowding it as well.

Good luck. Please check out the various subforums to learn more about your various pets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice