Help! Sick Betta!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Help my poor betta pluto is looking sick! I rescued him a couple months ago from a person who had three bettas in a divided 1gallon tank! The bigger the tanks i gave him the slower and more less active he became. He was in his divided 10gallon for about 2-3months and became less active, sitting at the surface or ground. Ive been busy this past 2-3 weeks and slacked on water changes on their tank... I have 8 fish tanks and this tank was my last. Its under a window (I dont have any other plugins in my room and the rest of the house is full) so there is algae. Anyway he started only looking like this overnight! He has some fluffy stuff near his eye and some fungus or something. And his scales are riseing on the front of his head. Either its the start of drospy but he is not bloated... And its not anywhere else. I know its all my fault i put other stuff infront of my fish... Im so sorry pluto i hope i can help you.
upload_2018-5-15_19-28-7.png
upload_2018-5-15_19-28-13.png
upload_2018-5-15_19-28-31.png
upload_2018-5-15_19-28-18.png

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
What are the water parameters?
Does he eat, and if not, when was the last time he has eaten?
Is he bloated at all? The scales near his stomach look faded.
Well he passed away last night but I do have another male betta in the same tank he was in. (Divided tank) He didnt his pellets for about a week but he did eat frozen foods on saturday and sunday. He was a little bloated but not much. I can test the water when i get home. I shall never hold back on waterchanges this long!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Well he passed away last night but I do have another male betta in the same tank he was in. (Divided tank) He didnt his pellets for about a week but he did eat frozen foods on saturday and sunday. He was a little bloated but not much. I can test the water when i get home. I shall never hold back on waterchanges this long!
Do you have a filter on this tank?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom