Help! Sick algae eater!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Ginny0227, Dec 24, 2012.

1. G

Ginny0227 New Member Member

My algae eater is looking a little off. He is bloated looking and you can see red on his body. (like the blood inside him or something). Any ideas what is wrong with him and what I should do?
    PS. last week his belly was about half the size he is now.

download.jpg

2. AquariaUK

AquariaUK Valued Member Member

If he is bloated try feding some peas. Out of interest, what are you feeding him?

I've heard of people leaving it and a week later it goes back to normal, but that might not be the case.

3. OP
    OP
    G

Ginny0227 New Member Member

I don't feed it....it cleans up after the rest of the fish and eat the fishh food at the bottom of the tank.

4. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

Well, I'd say it's bloated...and I would venture to guess that's because it's not getting the proper nutrition. In a tank environment, it would be hard-pressed to find enough algae, for one. What EXACTLY (I need brand and formula) are you feeding the other fish?

And what are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate)?

5. grfresconero

grfresconero Valued Member Member

There are some drop that help fish to pass the food that clogs their digestive system.Just hope that he has`nt swolled any pebles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice