Help Sexing Angelfish

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by KKM, Jun 18, 2018.

1. KKM

KKM Valued Member Member

I have a single angel that I thought was male for a long time, but upon closer inspection of its breeding tube I’m not so sure- since (s)he’s my only angel, I have nothing to compare to. What do you guys think? I can take full body pictures if that helps.

edit: Wait... I think those must be eggs in the photo. I literally didn’t even see them until just now.

Attached Files:

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

That is a female :p

3. OP
    OP
    KKM

KKM Valued Member Member

Apparently I’m the least observant fishkeeper ever- I’m laughing so much right now at the fact that I noticed it in the picture but not as I stared directly at them for five minutes! At least I know with 100% certainty now.:D

4. boohead

boohead New Member Member

if you have two females will they still get along okay? by looking at the photos that's what I have.

5. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Sometimes; they get along a little bit better than two males, but it really depends on the space you give them and personal temperament. You may actually see two F pair up and lay eggs, but they won’t be fertilized without a male :p

6. boohead

boohead New Member Member

those men have to always get involved.....lol

7. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I am going to disagree with two females being better than two males, most males when there are no females around form a "bromance" and get along. Females that don't want to spawn with the other female will often go out of their way to attack the other female. Even to the point of killing the other angel like how most pairs react to a third wheel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice