Help Setting Up My Canister Filter Question

1. spike98

spike98 Valued Member Member

I just got a canister for the first time and I got one large rubber gasket and 2 small ones. I was able to locate the larger one but where does the smaller 2 go? I have a magniflow 220. The instructions don't really directly inform you on the locations of the gaskets.

2. I

Indeever New Member Member

I have a C-220. The large rubber gasket goes around the lid where the lid meets the canister to create a watertight seal. For me the 2 small ones are spares.

3. OP
    OP
    spike98

I put them around the valve block intake and output should I remove these so far it hasn't had an issue.

4. OP
    OP
    spike98

Also what would the small ones be a spare for

5. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

The o-rings are likely for the intake outtake valve. If they erode they would be your replacement rings.

6. OP
    OP
    spike98

I didn't see any o-rings on the intake outtake valve except for the ones I put on?

7. OP
    OP
    spike98

For a better understanding I put the small o-rings onto the bottom tubes of the valve block (1) and then I put those into the motor head (2). This is where they're supposed to go? Sorry for all the questions don't want to ruin my new canister or flood my house.

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    spike98

I called the help center and they are in fact extras:facepalm:. Thanks for the help everyone.