Help Setting Up Co2 Tank Please!

BakedBrotatoes

I just bought my supplies and my regulator. I have a minI regulator by ultum and an adapter. Came with a seal. I attached the adaptor to the regulator then started attaching it to my paintball and hissed like crazy! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help please?

Asomeone

Well Known
If somethings hissing you're missing a o ring or connector somewhere....or its a faulty part. Where is the co2 leaking from? If its hissing like crazy it should be easily identifiable.

OP
BakedBrotatoes

BakedBrotatoes

Asomeone said:
If somethings hissing you're missing a o ring or connector somewhere....or its a faulty part. Where is the co2 leaking from? If its hissing like crazy it should be easily identifiable.
It was originally hissing around the adaptor. I tightened the adaptor to the regulator some more and it stopped but now I hear some gas from the tubing connected to the regulator. Also, when I tried using it, the water in my bubble counter emptied out and went straight to my diffuser? I don't know what I'm doing wrong lol

Asomeone

Well Known
If the water flushed out of the system then I'd say the system was set too high. Just make sure everythings tight tight. When I worked with oxygen systems in aircraft we wrenched those connectors on there. Literally, used a wrench hahaha. Point being get it as tight as you can without stressing other components. Do this only after it is ensured the O-rings are damaged. If you think its the actual tubing itself you could submerse the tubing. turn on the system hold ur finger over the outlet of the tube and see if anything comes out. If you're not using co2 tube but airline tubing sometimes it tears.

OP
BakedBrotatoes

BakedBrotatoes

Asomeone said:
If the water flushed out of the system then I'd say the system was set too high. Just make sure everythings tight tight. When I worked with oxygen systems in aircraft we wrenched those connectors on there. Literally, used a wrench hahaha. Point being get it as tight as you can without stressing other components. Do this only after it is ensured the O-rings are damaged. If you think its the actual tubing itself you could submerse the tubing. turn on the system hold ur finger over the outlet of the tube and see if anything comes out. If you're not using co2 tube but airline tubing sometimes it tears.
Thank you for the help! I tightened the adaptor to the regulator some more but I was still getting hissing. I ended up going back to LFS to help me and it turns out I assembled the check valve and bubble counter incorrectly haha. Kind of embarrassing, but I'm glad they fixed it.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom