Help selling betta and corys

IzabelB

I live in a very small town near Wenatchee WA.
I’m switching up the stocking in my 30 gallon, and need to rehome a long finned red betta and 5 peppered corydoras. However, I also want them to go to a good home: 20 gallon long minimum for the corys and 5 gallon (10 is much preferred, considering he’s used to a 30 gallon) minimum for the betta.
I‘m selling the corys as a group for $12 and I wanted to give away the betta for free because red is the most basic betta color and his fins are ripped up from an accident that occurred a couple months ago. They‘re not very pretty. My mom really wanted me to get money for him so I am reluctantly selling him for $5.
We posted them on Facebook before realizing that you’re not supposed to sell live animals on there. So now we are going going to post them on the bulletin board, and maybe Craigslist, and hope that we find someone that wants them, but if that doesn’t work then I think I’m out of luck.
I just don’t have high hopes of finding someone who will give them decent care. Any advice? How/where do you sell bettas and find them good homes?

SouthAmericanCichlids

How 'bout here, I'm sure someone wants to buy them here, and you can definitely screen them.

Upvote 0

IzabelB

How 'bout here, I'm sure someone wants to buy them here, and you can definitely screen them.
I would sell them here but I haven’t seen anyone close enough to get them without shipping. I don’t feel comfortable shipping them unless it’s a last resort.
What do you mean by “screen them”?
If I were to sell them here, what category would I post them in? I did look for a buy and sell category but couldn't find it.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

I would sell them here but I haven’t seen anyone close enough to get them without shipping. I don’t feel comfortable shipping them unless it’s a last resort.
What do you mean by “screen them”?
If I were to sell them here, what category would I post them in? I did look for a buy and sell category but couldn't find it.
Screen them means like ask questions before being willing to sell them the fish. Since you said you wanted them to go to a nice home, like asking them if they have a big enough tank, do they cycle, do wc, etc. And yeah there's a BSTF (Buy sell trade free) section on here. You post a thread under that category. It's a cat. under misc. topics.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
IzabelB
Replies
Views
IzabelB
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question