Help SAE is completely silver?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by allthefishinmytank, Aug 3, 2015.

1. allthefishinmytankValued MemberMember

I've had a SAE in my tank for several months and suddenly tonight he has lost his stripe this has never ever happened before and I don't even know what to think of it. The line is very faint all of the sudden. But when he had his black stripe it was solid through to the tail this is not a flying fox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. happyfins14Valued MemberMember

I've heard color loss can sometimes be the result of stress. Does the fish have any tankmates that bother it? If it's acting otherwise normally-active swimming, eating, etc, I wouldn't worry too much :)

3. lbonini1Well Known MemberMember

Going on the stress lead, which of course may not even be the problem but have you tested your water parameters recently? Is your tank cycled?

4. allthefishinmytankValued MemberMember

Tank is cycled and his stripe is back now he was acting somewhat frantic when his stripe was gone but no one was bugging him

5. lbonini1Well Known MemberMember

That sounds like a problem with the water then, how is everyone else acting? Test your water...just in case.

6. allthefishinmytankValued MemberMember

I just did a water change yesterday I will do another tomorrow. Everyone else was acting fine even my more delicate fish were happy we will see how this turns out I guess. the tank is a tad over filtered and has a good plant load so I doubt it's the water but better safe than sorry. I was researching and found only one other post saying that the fish they had did it for 10 to 15 minutes and then it was back which sounds similar to what happened to me

7. hampalongWell Known MemberMember

Sounds more like something happened to stress it, and then it 'relaxed' again. Not water, or it wouldn't revert until the water issue was corrected. Another fish? Something in the room?

8. allthefishinmytankValued MemberMember

Well it was later at night and my tank is at the foot of my bed and I turned the room light on that may have shocked him

9. hampalongWell Known MemberMember

That can be enough... You probably just caught it in its 'pyjamas'.

:)

10. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

lol....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice