HELP!!! SAE attacking corydoras

Corydora Pro

So in my 30 gal tank I have like 10 Corydoras, 2 shrimp, and a Siamese Algae Eater (SAE). My problem is my SAE is charging all of my Corydoras non stop. He has been in the tank for 3 months, but just started attacking awhile ago. I know I have to re-home him ASAP. How do I re-home him? I was thinking I could call my LFS and see if they could take him, he is perfectly healthy.

Please Help Me. Thanks.

qchris87

Calling lfs would be your best bet.

Corydora Pro

Calling lfs would be your best bet.
Okay, I will call my LFS tomorrow. I want to get him out of my tank as soon as possible.

hacksgirls

Yes, get rid of it quickly! Those fish get crazy aggressive! I hate that pet stores selling them with community fish. They're fine as juveniles but it's like, BAM! they turn into sharks!! If you can catch it, I'd take it out of the tank now and put it in a bucket or large bowl with a lid. It would fine for 24-48 hours. Think about fish that are shipped in bags. I'd rather take it out than lose those cory cuties. But that's JMO.

Corydora Pro

Yes, get rid of it quickly! Those fish get crazy aggressive! I hate that pet stores selling them with community fish. They're fine as juveniles but it's like, BAM! they turn into sharks!! If you can catch it, I'd take it out of the tank now and put it in a bucket or large bowl with a lid. It would fine for 24-48 hours. Think about fish that are shipped in bags. I'd rather take it out than lose those cory cuties. But that's JMO.
I have taken out fish before and they sometimes die because of the temperature drop. I over fed them tonight so now they have like all just went to sleep. Tomorrow I will remove him and take him to my LFS.

I plan on picking up 2 more amano shrimp which are quite friendly to my corydoras. Funny story; when I feed my fish pellets my Amano Shrimps go down, they each grab one huge pellet, swim to the top of a tank, sit on a leaf and devour the food. They are a bit of a food hog, lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
Yeoy
Replies
Views
Katie Dawn
Replies
Views