Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Help! Quickly! I Need To Help My Eel!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by QueenLittleLizard, Apr 7, 2019.

?

Can we save him?

1. Yes! Go quickly!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. Let him live out the rest of his time in comfort.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I have no idea.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

My yellow spiny eel is dying! We think we’ve identified the suspect. It would appear he was bitten, and then split open. He’s still alive as of now. We moved him to a separate place with the same water, gravel, and some plants.
    Is there any way to save him? Should we just let him die? My friend has given up hope, whitch is why we aren’t already on our way to where we got him. If there’s anywhere we can go, please tell us. Near Oakland, CA. Quick!

upload_2019-4-7_9-0-19.jpeg

upload_2019-4-7_9-1-4.jpeg

upload_2019-4-7_9-1-45.jpeg

Please! You all have been so quick on my other posts, and I really need help!

2. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Are those the internal organs coming out? Sorry I've got to ask questions in such an urgent situation

3. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Yes. It would appear so.

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Then I'm very sorry, but the chances of survival are extremely small :(
    I haven't experienced this personally, and I don't know anyone else who has, but I don't think he will make it, and I'm not sure how to advise you, I'm sorry

5. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Can anyone else help?

:emoji_cry:

6. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

Nothing you can do I’m afraid, except euthanasia with clove oil.

What bit it?

7. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Our current suspect is a large, white goldfish. We had to put him in the large tank, because we were dealing with water issues in his tank. He has a history of killing every animal put in his tank, leaving behind nothing from all of them, except a snail shell.

We thought he’d be ok, usually it takes a couple weeks before he kills anyone.

upload_2019-4-7_9-41-17.jpeg

upload_2019-4-7_9-43-37.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2019
  8. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

:(
    Looks like he didn’t make it.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do with our large, white friend? I don’t want him to kill any of the other fish, but his tank is undergoing a bit of adjustment.

9. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I'm sorry so sorry.
    Are you sure it was a bite? Goldfish don't have any teeth in their mouth, their teeth are in the throat. Granted, it could have been nearly swallowed, but a bite isn't normally a goldfish's MO. Could he have hurt himself on the gravel?

10. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Maybe... we have rock gravel.

11. meredithkaneNew MemberMember

I think it might be the tiger barbs, maybe the fish didn’t move quick enough.

12. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

The other person who I share the tank with is MeredithKane.

The thing is, the tiger barbs have never hurt another fish. We’ve had them and the eel for a while, they’ve never really been agressive towards the eel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2019
  13. ZEKE KINGValued MemberMember

A quick fix until his tank is up and running again may be to buy or make a tank divider

14. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Where could I get one?

15. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Since goldfish are so big, you can use just eggcrate or similar, or hot glue those plastic weaving thingamajigs together and put binder clips on the sides to hold it up, then put it in the substrate .

16. QueenLittleLizardValued MemberMember

Plastic weaving thingamajigs?

17. CichlidudeWell Known MemberMember

18. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I have entirely forgotten the name, plastic canvas I think? It's 60¢ at michales