Help- Prolapse In Balloon Molly

TheNacho

Hi. This morning I woke up to find that one of my balloon mollies had a prolapse- she had this weird, red-yellow half translucent sac hanging out from her rear end (pic 1). I put her in a fry net to make sure the other fish don't nip at it.

I was gone for the day and while I was out my mom sent me updates, that the sac was shrinking. (pic 2)

When I came home it was almost completely gone, all that's left is a small white mass, 1mm in diameter. (pic 3)

However, she's still acting weird- hanging out mostly near the bottom of the tank or near the water surface, moving slower than the other balloon mollies.

(the tank is a 10g, cycled, 3 female balloon mollies and a pleco. Had them for almost 3 months now, never had these kind of issues with any of them except maybe a lot of pooping.)
(had a pwc 40% yesterday. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates (before water change) 15. Temp ~84f. Oh ~7. All other parameters within normal range and as usual.)

What should I do? I just got zucchinI and spinach, I read it helps with constipation and pooping in general. Should I wait 1-2 days and then try to feed her or give her some greens straight away? Is there anything else I can do to make her comfortable and healthier?

Attachments

Faytaya

I think you're doing a good job. I'd fast her, then give her some de-shelled, boiled peas or other prepared veggies, then treat her with antibiotics in a hospital tank for a week or so. That's the best I can think of.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom