Help! Possible ich on new Amazon puffer

Jittabug88

I used to keep allot of Amazon puffers afew years ago but around Houston tx recently its been impossible to find for a long time. I recently found some in a lfs and decided to grab one(I'm no noob I've kept fish for 15+years, I currently have 22 planted tanks and know 1st thing everyone will gripe about is amzn puffers need to be in groups of 3+ (even tho they do fine as a single in a community tank). I do plan on getting more now I have a guy who can get them but I literally only had$20 on me so haters please shh, thanks) honestly I don't think it's ich but I've never personally had this issue. I was thinking it was maybe colmunaris (forgive possible spelling error lol). Any help as far as diagnosis, appropriate meds, ect would greatly be appreciate!!! I'm not home and always forget how helpful forums are so here I am, i don't have exact parameters(will update exact prams asap but my tanks are usually at 0-amonia, 0- nitrite, 20-30 nitrate ph 7-8 Once again thanks for any help yalll thanks!!!!
You must be registered to see images

MacZ

That's not ich, that's stress-columnaris.

Optimize the water parameters, do high volume waterchanges and add IALs and alder cones. Also reduce stress as far as possible, offer additional cover and dim the lights a bit.

That's all you can do.

Or you nuke the tank with antibiotics, which a. might not work as many strains of columnaris are resistent nowerdays and b. will bring you much more trouble down the line.

Until then: Use the emergency template, maybe people have further hints how you can make it more comfortable to the fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MrBryan723
Replies
Views
Pat93
  • FishLogger123456789
  • Puffers
Replies
Views
Zigi Zig