Help Pleco Fins Are Torn

fish25

Reaction score
HI everyone,
So I adopted my neighbors tiger Oscar bc he’s moving and put the fish in my 36 gal( I’m getting a 100 gal tank this week). I moved the tetras I had into a 10 gal tank. I have a Pleco that was hiding in his favorite spot and couldn’t get to him easily. So I put the Oscar in the tank and I saw the Pleco coming out. Well, when I went to grab a net a small container the Oscar already had him in his mouth! I was able to get the Pleco out of his mouth but now his back fins is messed up- practically he has no back fins. He is now in a 5 gal tank ( he’s a small guy) and I’m wondering what medicine and step will be the best for him to recover.

toomanyfishes

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Can we see a pic? Keep the tank in really good condition bc he will poop up the tank and it could become finrot

OP
F

fish25

Reaction score
toomanyfishes said:
Can we see a pic? Keep the tank in really good condition bc he will poop up the tank and it could become finrot
Here’s a pic

Attachments

OP
F

fish25

Reaction score
Should I do daily water changes as well??

toomanyfishes said:
Yikes! Idk what to do about the 90 percent gone fin. I'd add aoI stress coat to replenish his slime coat to keep infection out.
I added stress coat to the tank already. I was thinking about doing 20% water change everyday or every other day. I also have Kanaplex I was thinking about adding as well

toomanyfishes

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
fish25 said:
Should I do daily water changes as well??

I added stress coat to the tank already. I was thinking about doing 20% water change everyday or every other day. I also have Kanaplex I was thinking about adding as well
yeah sounds good

New Threads