Help Pleco Fins Are Torn

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by fish25, Jul 22, 2019.

1. fish25

fish25New MemberMember

Hi everyone,
    So I adopted my neighbors tiger Oscar bc he’s moving and put the fish in my 36 gal( I’m getting a 100 gal tank this week). I moved the tetras I had into a 10 gal tank. I have a Pleco that was hiding in his favorite spot and couldn’t get to him easily. So I put the Oscar in the tank and I saw the Pleco coming out. Well, when I went to grab a net a small container the Oscar already had him in his mouth! I was able to get the Pleco out of his mouth but now his back fins is messed up- practically he has no back fins. He is now in a 5 gal tank ( he’s a small guy) and I’m wondering what medicine and step will be the best for him to recover.

2. toomanyfishes

toomanyfishesValued MemberMember

Can we see a pic? Keep the tank in really good condition bc he will poop up the tank and it could become finrot

3. OP
    OP
    fish25

fish25New MemberMember

Here’s a pic

Attached Files:

4. toomanyfishes

Yikes! Idk what to do about the 90 percent gone fin. I'd add aoi stress coat to replenish his slime coat to keep infection out.

5. OP
    OP
    fish25

fish25New MemberMember

Should I do daily water changes as well??

I added stress coat to the tank already. I was thinking about doing 20% water change everyday or every other day. I also have Kanaplex I was thinking about adding as well

6. toomanyfishes

yeah sounds good