Help Please!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by KinsKicks, Apr 11, 2017.

1. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

I have a freshwater koi angelfish. I went to check on him this morning and he seems to have a "film" or something over his eye. I can't attach any photos. In essence, imagine something that looks like a contact with a spiral on it. It is nearly over his eye. I believe it is not popeye. It was not there the night before. Hes acting normally and eating. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

20 gal breeder (he's in a pair)
    Ph=6.0-6.5
    Nitrite= 0
    Nitrate=0-20
    Ammonia=0

2. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

A cloudy eye is usually caused by a bacteria or fungal infection stemming from a minor injury or scrape to the eye. Usually it will heal on its own with extra clean water, but sometimes the foggy eye will get worse and turn into popeye. One of my Africans started with a foggy eye which worsened into popeye. I treated him in quarantine and he survived, but lost the eye.

When looked at from the the top is the eye still normal in size compared to the other eye?

For now I would up the water change and if it doesn't show improvement in a couple days then you might want to think of medicating him.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

A photo might help.

4. OP
    OP
    KinsKicks

Yes it is still normal in size. And thank you

I've tried to, but my image is too big to post.

5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Hi KinsKicks, you can resize pics for free here  

6. OP
    OP
    KinsKicks

Thank you! I've added the link instead

It's kinda zoomed in, but you can see the eye

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice