Status
Not open for further replies.

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

I have a freshwater koi angelfish. I went to check on him this morning and he seems to have a "film" or something over his eye. I can't attach any photos. In essence, imagine something that looks like a contact with a spiral on it. It is nearly over his eye. I believe it is not popeye. It was not there the night before. Hes acting normally and eating. Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

20 gal breeder (he's in a pair)
Ph=6.0-6.5
Nitrite= 0
Nitrate=0-20
Ammonia=0

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A cloudy eye is usually caused by a bacteria or fungal infection stemming from a minor injury or scrape to the eye. Usually it will heal on its own with extra clean water, but sometimes the foggy eye will get worse and turn into popeye. One of my Africans started with a foggy eye which worsened into popeye. I treated him in quarantine and he survived, but lost the eye.

When looked at from the the top is the eye still normal in size compared to the other eye?

For now I would up the water change and if it doesn't show improvement in a couple days then you might want to think of medicating him.

Last edited:
OP
KinsKicks

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A cloudy is usually caused by a bacteria or fungal infection stemming from a minor injury or scrape to they eye. Usually it will heal on it's own with extra clean water, but sometimes the foggy eye will get worse and turn into popeye. One of my Africans started with a foggy eye which worsened into popeye. I treated him in quarantine and he survived, but lost the eye.

When looked at from the the top is the eye still normal in size compared to the other eye?

For now I would up the water change and if it doesn't show improvement in a couple days then you might want to think of medicating him.
Yes it is still normal in size. And thank you

A photo might help.
I've tried to, but my image is too big to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom