Help Help please, sand smells bad, fish dying

Quoraeb

Reaction score
So I accidentally bought an sickly fish, after it died the sand smelled worse and worse after that an black thing appeared on the sand and 2 glass fish died and now an neon fish died.
But in some days I was maybe overfeeding.

Jakkie

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Did you do a water change after the fish died? What is left in your tank? Also have you checked the parameters?

OP
Quoraeb

Quoraeb

Reaction score
Jakkie said:
Did you do a water change after the fish died? What is left in your tank? Also have you checked the parameters?
I did one partial water change, took the fish out the moment I noticed it, I have checked the PH and it is 7.5

Jakkie

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Quoraeb said:
I did one partial water change, took the fish out the moment I noticed it, I have checked the PH and it is 7.5
You should check ammonia , if you don't have a kit to do so, you can bring a water sample to a fish store and they can check it for you. edit: Until you can check that I would do a 50% water change

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Seems odd to me that this would happen if you’re doing regular tank maitenance and cleaning. Should like high organics and hydrogen sulfite build up possibly. Something is in your sand bed decaying.

New Threads