Help Please, Pale Betta, Ragged Fins

1. Tanie

Tanie New Member Member

My female Betta I’ve had for several months now just started looking awful she has been in a community tank since I got her with no issue I just found her upside down in a plane barley moving her gills she was fine this morning but now all of her fins are ragged and she’s very pale and has been put into a smaller tank medicated with aquarium salt. Please help me as I love this fish dearly!!

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

What do you mean you found her in a plane?

3. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

Can you give us some info on your tank and tank mates? Better yet a picture of the tank and injured betta?

4. OP
    OP
    Tanie

Tanie New Member Member

I meant plant

I can’t add pictures because I’m on my phone but the tank is a 29 gallon with 6 cherry barbs and a molly and 2 Cory cats and a dwarf gourami and a small common goldfish (maybe 1.5 to 2 inches) and they’ve all been in there with her for months the newest being the goldfish but I quarentened him for 2 moths before adding him and had no issue until today

5. Raizinhell

Raizinhell Valued Member Member

Your goldfish could be a problem. Im willing to bet your betta hasnt eaten well since you added the goldfish.

6. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

It sounds like she was attacked by something. Maybe the Goldfish or maybe the Barbs decided to gang up on her. I keep seeing people saying Bettas might attack other fish in a community tank but in my experience, even with males, it's the other way around.

7. OP
    OP
    Tanie

Tanie New Member Member

She’s always the first one at the surface eating so I don’t think it’s that

8. OP
    OP
    Tanie

Tanie New Member Member

I noticed this morning she had very slight pine coning I moved her into a 1.5 gallon tank and he color looks a tiny bit better but she’s still just layin on the bottom barley moving her gills and mouth but if the water is disturbed she’ll swim around for a few seconds and then settle back down to the bottom

9. Leni92

Leni92 New Member Member

Hopefully you figure it out soon.

10. Raizinhell

Not looking good. She may have dropsy.

11. Raizinhell

Adding goldfish to a tropical tank is usually a bad idea.