Help Please! Fungus or Fin rot? How do I treat?

kxjruss

Help please!

10 months into the hobby and I now have my first ever fungus (/fin rot!?) problem!

I purchased 10 neon tetras yesterday and had planned for them to go into my quarantine tank however, to cut a very long story short, the cycle crashed and I’m now left with an uncycled quarantine tank and a world of panic!!

The tetras then had to go into my main display tank however I’ve now noticed 5/10 have mild fungal growths on the edges of their fins. I’ve tried talking to the store about this as it’s clear they were sick upon sale however they haven’t been much help. I’m unsure as to whether this can be cured by having good water conditions, something they clearly didn’t have at this store, or if i will need to treat them.

If I do need to treat them, What is the best way?I’m struggling to find an easy to follow course of action online.
I have methylene blue to hand and some have recommended dip baths? (How do these work!?)

Thank you!! (Some photos attached below, you can sort of see some of the white growth on their fins)

Also worth noting that my parameters are perfect and stable as usual
(Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20, PH around 6)
The tank is a 29 gallon & heavily planted + is currently shared with 5 harlequin rasboras & 4 shrimp.

jkkgron2

I would remove all the neons and put them into the quarantine tank. Then do daily 25% water changes for a week to see if they improve. If not I would look into some fungal meds.

Upvote 0

AquaticQueen

I would remove all the neons and put them into the quarantine tank. Then do daily 25% water changes for a week to see if they improve. If not I would look into some fungal meds.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gourami36
Replies
Views
Seamus111
Replies
Views
Roses