Help - Platy Clamping And Flicking

SLeroux

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi there,

One of my female Platy's has been lethargic, clamping and flicking alot lately. I noticed a couple other Platy's flicking to so dosed with Paraguard for the last few days. Have had parasite issues in this tank bbefore. The healthy Platy's seem to be doing fine now which is great. Although my sick Platy is getting worse. She constantly clamps her fins, is still flicking when out but spends most of her time hidden in a rock. Her poo is also white and stringy. Good news is she still comes out for feeding.

My QT tank is being used for some new raspboras waiting to be added to the main tank but I will be able to set up a 5.5 for her tomorrow as a hospital tank.

I have Paraguard, PraziPro and flakes dosed with Praziquantel on hand. I was wondering if I should use one of these or pick up some API general cure? Hoping for some advice on how to treat her since I don't know what's wrong.

Current tank is a fully cycled 60 gallon. Water parameters are Am:0, Ni:0 and Na:15. I have 3 female Platy's (they have used up any sperm stores from when I purchased them), 9 peppered Cory's and 6 Harlequin Raspboras.

Please help!

PS don't mind the stuff floating in the pics. Had to snap them at dinner time just now or she wouldn't come out.
IMG_20180504_194032.jpg
IMG_20180504_194042.jpg

SLeroux

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Turns out this morning she stopped eating (of course) so have dosed the hospital tank with straight prazi pro. She's already stopped clamping the is swimming around the smaller tank. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've never really treated such an advanced sickness. Should I feed her less than normal?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
No, I would think you can feed her normally. Just don't overfeed the tank to ruin water quality.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom