Help! PH of 9.0

Kwaters20

I have a 75gallon tank and I can’t get the ph to lower, when I do the test strip it comes back reading 9.0. Most of my fish are acclimated to it, but I tried to (slowly even) introduce two angelfish and one died, I’m thinking because the ph is so high. What can I do, no matter what I’ve tried the ph won’t go down. I’ve heard mixed things about adding distilled water to the tank, should I try that? The water is very hard.

Motherlovebetta

Ooof…..have you had it tested somewhere just to make sure that’s correct? Are you on well? I’d say you could cut it with RO water dont do a ton though you don’t want to drop it too fast. Do you know your gh and kh?

Upvote 0

CTYankee79

The first thing I would do is get an API master test kit and a GH/KH test kit. Or bring it somewhere to be tested. Then we can talk about how to deal with it

Upvote 0

StarGirl

What kind of deco do you have in there? Stones? Some raise your pH.

Upvote 0

Kwaters20

Update! I got a better ph tester, a dropper kit and it’s reading my ph at 7.8. Whew
The first thing I would do is get an API master test kit and a GH/KH test kit. Or bring it somewhere to be tested. Then we can talk about how to deal with it
That’s exactly what I bought and it said my ph was 7.8 so that is much better than the strip was reading.

I’m still not sure why the angelfish died, but I did take him from the store because they had him in with tiger barbs and he was being attacked and had barely any fins left so I’m guessing he was just too badly injured. I tried though :( His friend is thriving though! It will be a while before his fins come back. Thanks everyone for their guidance!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Mandy6624
  • pH
Replies
Views
Motherlovebetta
  • CJLand
  • pH
Replies
Views
CJLand