Help Parasite???

1. Iluvfishies

Iluvfishies Valued Member Member

Hi guys, okay. I want to start out by saying that what has happned is my fault. This all started when I had an Oscar, a pleco, and a Raphael cat in a 75 gallon tank growout. I decided to add another Oscar from petco to grow out with the one that I had, to put into a 125. I’m rather new, and (irresponsibly) put the Oscar directly into my 75 and not quarantine. Needless to say, that Oscar was acting weird after about a week, losing color, looking “thin” and “boneish” per say. Then he started to have long white and clear poop that wouldn’t detach from him. He ended up dying a week later, then my Oscar ended up dying from the same symptoms , stopped eating, color change, getting thin, long white and clear poop. Found him dead a few days later... now my Raphael is doing the EXACT same thing. And sad to say, I don’t think he is going to make it. I have him and my bushynose left in my 75 gallon. The bushy nose has shown no signs of anything so far. I have Hikari Prazi-Pro coming in the mail tomorrow morning. I planned on dosing the tank to see if I can atleast save the pleco. Why I’m trying to find out is,
    1: Is it probably a parasite???
    2: will the prazi pro help this issue?
    3: if all the fish die, what should I do??

And to answer posible questions ahead of time,y set up includes this:
    Fluval 406
    Fluval fx4
    Homemade bio filter
    2 air pumps
    Aqueon pro heater

Parameters:
    Ammonia:0
    Nitrite:0
    Nitrate:10
    25 gallon WC weekly.

Picture is as of today. Please no hate guys. I’m learning from my mistakes and need help to get everything back to normal. I will be purchasing a quarantine tank ASAP. Thankyou :)

Attached Files:

2. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

3. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

Either that or General cure should work. Remove any kind of carbon or other media that removes medication. Keep your bio media, sponges, etc in still.

4. OP
    OP
    Iluvfishies

Will prazi-pro do the job too? Cuz I’m in a pinch at the moment for cash, and places where I live don’t carry much for medication for fish. I have to order online. Prazi pro 4oz will be here I the morning

5. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

Prazipro is praziquantel. General cure is praziquantel and metronidazole combined.
    Try the Prazipro, since it's what you got.
    The article I sent recommends soaking their food in it before feeding for internal parasites.

6. OP
    OP
    Iluvfishies

Ohhhh okay. Thankyou very much :)