Help! Orange Corys?!

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by fletch, Jul 15, 2005.

1. f

fletch Valued Member Member

I have 5 peppered corys and recently the 3 larger ones have turned a really vivid shade of orange. I dont know much about corys so is this normal?

2. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

lol must b !

3. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

If they appear healthy, I wouldn't worry too much. Go to   and see if you can identify the species and be sure they are peppered corys. I have seen some that were orange as you describe, but they were a different species.

4. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I have done a lot of research on Cories, and never once have I seen a picture or heard of an orange Cory. Some fish change color before breeding and Cories do breed in trios...just a thought. Am I correct to assume they still have the same spot pattern, just the base color changed? Maybe you should try adding a piece of slate and seeing if they lay eggs. Doing a fairly large water change and adding slightly cooler water will stimulate breeding.

5. G

Are you sure they are pepper corys and not one of these?

6. OP
    OP
    f

fletch Valued Member Member

yeah, theyre definately peppered. I think they are just fat! I have lots of dark, large beach pebbles in my tank, will they lay eggs there?

7. G

I usually find eggs on the sides of my tank. I guess you could find eggs anywhere. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice