Help! Orange Corys?!

fletch

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 5 peppered corys and recently the 3 larger ones have turned a really vivid shade of orange. I dont know much about corys so is this normal?

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lol must b !

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If they appear healthy, I wouldn't worry too much. Go to and see if you can identify the species and be sure they are peppered corys. I have seen some that were orange as you describe, but they were a different species.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have done a lot of research on Cories, and never once have I seen a picture or heard of an orange Cory. Some fish change color before breeding and Cories do breed in trios...just a thought. Am I correct to assume they still have the same spot pattern, just the base color changed? Maybe you should try adding a piece of slate and seeing if they lay eggs. Doing a fairly large water change and adding slightly cooler water will stimulate breeding.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they are pepper corys and not one of these?

fletch

Valued Member
Reaction score
yeah, theyre definately peppered. I think they are just fat! I have lots of dark, large beach pebbles in my tank, will they lay eggs there?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually find eggs on the sides of my tank. I guess you could find eggs anywhere.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom