HELP Oranda is floating sidewards and barely breathing (Swimbladder??)

Haru

I ran out of water testing materials last week and I ordered some online but its still not here so I currently don't know the water parameters. He was a bit lethargic yesterday and barely ate the whole day but when I woke up today I found him floating sidewards so I immediately took a picture. When I fed them he didn't respond even when he was bumped by the other fishes. When I lifted him up in the water with a net he started floating and I saw this dark spot on his stomach. A few weeks ago I also noticed one of his eyes is foggy and simply dismissed it as an injury since I had a rock inside the tank (which I've already taken out). His eye is still foggy.
I have another fish who had swim bladder and I just skipped feeding it for a day and fed boiled peas the next and it was fine. It was more energetic and had appetite. What I'm wondering is that compared to that fish, this one floats on the same side in a slight arch, is barely breathing, and doesn't respond to food. He swam down a few times but that was it. I moved him to a temporary container filled with water from the main aquarium and now he's floating on that same side and is at the top. I wanted to try hand feeding him some peas but he seldom opens his mouth to breathe in the first place...What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG-2499.PNG
    IMG-2499.PNG
    511.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-2501.PNG
    IMG-2501.PNG
    247 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-2500.PNG
    IMG-2500.PNG
    301.5 KB · Views: 1

smee82

First off if you can test id assume the waters bad and do a large 80% change.

Also what is your complete stock and tank size

Upvote 0

Haru

First off if you can test id assume the waters bad and do a large 80% change.

Also what is your complete stock and tank size
Hi smee82, thanks for replying! Sadly after I posted this he passed away. I moved him to a quarantine tank with the main tank's water but he stopped breathing shortly after...
I have one ryukin and two other orandas in the 40 gallon tank with him. I will do a water change after this. Also would it be safe to assume that this is ammonia burn? He has a brown spot on the bottom of his body (The first image in my post)

Upvote 0

smee82

Sorry to hear he didn't make it. With 4 goldies in a 40g theres a good chance his death was related to water quality.

Upvote 0

Latest threads

Top Bottom