Help on my rummy nose

fishfan96
My Rummy nose are loosing the strong redness. What is this caused by?

soccerstar6
They are probably stressed somehow. There are many different cause, like one being higher levels of harmful bacteria, high or low temperature, or other fish are being aggressive or they might be lonely. What is your stock and what is your temperature and ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?

VeeSe
rummynose can often act as an indicator of your water parameters and tank conditions. When they start to lose color, that's a strong sign that something is wrong with your water or that they are stressed or diseased, as soccerstar6 mentioned. I would highly advise checking everything in your tank, especially the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels.

Danni
What size tank and how many do you have?

claudicles
Hmm, I am not sure. I had rummy noses in my Q tank with perfect water and they were very dull. I put them in the permanent tank with higher nitrates and they reddened up. I always thought it refelected the water conditions too but that made me wonder.

fishfan96
I have noticed today that the redness has come back. I had just introduced the fish so I think they were just stressed. I have 5 of them in an 18 gallon tank.

LyndaB
They require a well established tank and also a grouping of 10 or more to be really comfortable in their environment.

When did you start this tank? As asked above, what are your readings?

My rummies go very pale at night. After the lights are turned on, it takes them a good 1/2 hour to an hour to redden up.

They are very sensitive fish and prone to illness if the tank is not kept pristine.

Could you please update your aquarium info? That's what we immediately turn to to learn about a tank when someone has an issue or question. Thanks!

fishfan96
I started this tank half a year ago.

Latest threads

Top Bottom