help on choosing a fish please

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know the sizes of all your fish but it sounds overstocked and kuhlis do best in groups so before you got anymore fish you would have to get more of those but I'm not familiar with all of your fish.

alex5455

Reaction score
im not keeping the kuhli i havent seen it and i dont exactly like it all my fish are less than 2 inches and i have the best equipment and its basically overfiltered because i have 4 power filters and 3 bio wheels so overstocking isnt really and issue and i preform 10% water changers evry 3days because my fish are infants and i want them to have long happy lives

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok still I'm not an expert but once they all grow I think it might be overstocked, what specific type of filter are they, emperor or penguin and what model? Another factor you would have to make sure on would be them having enough oxygen so a airstone might be useful. You can what for another opinion who has more experience then me like butterfly, gunnie, or isabella.

alex5455

Reaction score
they are clearjet powerheads 1100 litres an hour runing behind the tank to a pond box filter i also have a powerfilter which is a clearjet 3 model also on 1100 litres an hour aeration is provided from ahydor jet engine air pump and from the surface break up from the wave effect from my bio wheels makes the plastic plants move very nicely i reccomend them they are hydor bioflo large version

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Never heard of any of that. Though I wouldn't get anymore fish till someone who has more experience then me with different fish answers here like Gunnie, butterfly, or isabella though you can go to google and check how big all your fish get and see what the total is and that can help on how many more fish you can get.

alex5455

Reaction score
im in the uk and work for my lfs so i get everything at trade prices which makes sure i can get the best for my fish i know im not overstocked because some time soon im getting them to put me down for ordering a 75 gallon or something close to that this tank is sort of a temporary so i can get the feel of it if you know what i mean

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O ok then you have no problem as long as they are all compatible, honestly if you want a rare fish I don't know of that many that make good community fish so I can't really help with that.

not4you

Valued Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd wait until I had the bigger tank berfore adding anymore fish. You have enough fish in there now to get the feel of it. Go ahead and order that bigger tank and it get ready for more fish.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm sorry but your tank is very overstocked. I wouldn't get anymore fish for that tank. If you seriously want more fish, I'd recommend getting a much larger tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom