Help. Odd Coloring On Betta's Head

sierrah766

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just posted about how I just got this fish but the colouring on the top of his head is a bit odd, idk if it’s just his colour or something to be concerned about. I’m not very experienced please help. I literally just got this fish this morning and he’s a a qt tank.
IMG_1657.jpg
IMG_1656.jpg

sierrah766

Valued Member
Reaction score
Gypsy13 said:
Hey. Let me ask for eyes. @FishLoverEmma0 can you look at this baby for me?
Thank you! I’m worried it might be velvet but I really don’t know the signs. It also doesn’t look gold or reflective but I’m so worried.

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sierrah766 said:
Thank you! I’m worried it might be velvet but I really don’t know the signs. It also doesn’t look gold or reflective but I’m so worried.
I have had this on one of my female bettas, a slight pinkish color on the top of the head. Are there any other fish in the tank?

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FishLoverEmma0 said:
I have had this on one of my female bettas, a slight pinkish color on the top of the head. Are there any other fish in the tank?
Oh I just noticed that its a quarantine tank. To me it looks like it could be part of the fish's coloring, since it seems to be a koi? So it could have been under stress at the store. I wouldn't be to worried unless the flashlight test comes back positive. Is the betta eating?

sierrah766

Valued Member
Reaction score
FishLoverEmma0 said:
Oh I just noticed that its a quarantine tank. To me it looks like it could be part of the fish's coloring, since it seems to be a koi? So it could have been under stress at the store. I wouldn't be to worried unless the flashlight test comes back positive. Is the betta eating?
He seems a bit stressed but he did have a couple blood worms yesterday. He is koi I think, just white and blue over his body.

sierrah766

Valued Member
Reaction score
FishLoverEmma0 said:
Have you attempted to test the Betta for velvet yet?
I used a flashlight and it just dull with no shine except for a spot on his eye. There was no gold. The top photo posted is one with flash

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sierrah766 said:
I used a flashlight and it just dull with no shine except for a spot on his eye. There was no gold. The top photo posted is one with flash
If there was no shine, then he should be fine, but if over time it starts to get even aLittle bit worse, you should start treating him. The sooner you catch it the better. For velvet and ich, I use imagitarium parasite treatment, and it has worked wonders for my fish.

sierrah766

Valued Member
Reaction score
FishLoverEmma0 said:
If there was no shine, then he should be fine, but if over time it starts to get even aLittle bit worse, you should start treating him. The sooner you catch it the better. For velvet and ich, I use imagitarium parasite treatment, and it has worked wonders for my fish.
Alright thank you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom