Help!!! Neon tetra trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

grettak44

Reaction score
Is 65 litres. The ammonia is 0.3 ppm. The nitrite is 0ppm. The nitrate is 50 ppm and the pH is 7.6 but I just put some pH down in it. I have 12 neon tetras, 4 cherry barbs, 2 rosy barbs, 6 glass catfish, 6 male guppies 2 bottom feeders I don't know the name of and 2 orange snails. I started noticing nearly two weeks ago, thinking back on it, I really noticed when I went to my local pet shop and saw their tetras.

Megg01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well your tank is extremely overstocked. I'd start by doing a 50% water change and then work on removing some of your fish.
Ammonia should be 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 5-40, preferably 5-20ppm.

I'd guess your neons have ammonia poisoning. Do they have any red marks that aren't their usual coloring?

The barbs need to be in groups of 6 or more. The glass cats need a larger tank. Can you post pictures of the bottom feeders? If you had just the neons in this tank I would say it was fully stocked.

Megg01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, that may be it, ice only had to for 2 months
Even once your tank is cycled you'll still have too many fish in your tank and fish that need a larger tank. I'd suggest rehoming/returning everything except for the neons to the pet store if possible. The neons will still be pushing it but not as much as the other fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 85 68.5%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 21 16.9%

Top Bottom