help needed

mattbl

Reaction score
hi i have been keeping fish for some time now which includes platties but seems after awhile some are acting strange like their stomach are flat and bodies are sort off bent up
some have like lumpy gills not as lively as before do water checks they say things are fine.
also i have a internal filter when should i change the pads inside

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like your fish might have what mine had before or similiar. I had a guppy who's back got really bent and not straight, is that what you mean. What type of test are you using, stips or liquid? What type of filter do you have, usually for most filters you rinse the media out every week in used tank water.

Austin

mattbl

Reaction score
some thing like that yes how did you cure this problem i use strips to test levels and use a fluval 2 plus filter

ncje

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hmmm sounds like high ammonia or nitrites.....massive water change needed. Have you done something to your tank lately? Also filter media doesnt need to be rinsed weekly once a month is enough. You can clean intakes etc to ensure there are no bloackages. But if you havent done it in awhile do it now. Add some nitrite removing media today! There are some available. You could try putting in some activated carbon for a week.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom