Help! My red bristlenose pleco has weird splotches under his mouth :(

fishandfroggies

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Hello! I am messaging here as a last resort. I have done a ton of research to try to figure out what is wrong with my pleco Mushu! I've had him for over 6 months now, and while he is acting the same, I have noticed weird brown splotches on his underside that weren't there previously. I have attached a picture of what he currently looks like, and was wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be? Asking for a friend :) thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.46.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.46.35 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Solution
Hello! I am messaging here as a last resort. I have done a ton of research to try to figure out what is wrong with my pleco Mushu! I've had him for over 6 months now, and while he is acting the same, I have noticed weird brown splotches on his underside that weren't there previously. I have attached a picture of what he currently looks like, and was wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be? Asking for a friend :) thank you!
Start with the emergency template so people can better help you. I wish you the best!

Pwilly07

Well Known
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Occupation
Teacher
Quarantine?
Yes
List any water conditioners and test kits used:
API Freshwater Kit and Prime/Safe
Experience
5 years
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Aquarium Size
75g, 40g breeder, 29g, (7) 20 longs, (4) 20 highs, (21) 10g and 5.5g
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Planted Tank
Fish, Plants, Inverts, etc.
8 bronze cory cats, 7 zebra danios, 5 ghost shrimp, 3 amano shrimp, 15 japanese trapdoor snails, 25 ramshorn snails, 2 nerite snails, 2 adult platys and 3 baby platys, 1 glo fish, 3 fruit tetra,3 female and 2 male guppies, and 3 dwarf neon rainbow fish.
Aquarium Start Date
Cycled on 7/25/18
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
20ppm
Temperature
pH
Lighting
Finnex planted + 24/7
Aquarium Filter Type
Marineland Magniflow 220, Aqueon 30, and 1 sponge filter 25g
Start with the emergency template so people can better help you. I wish you the best!

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom