Help! My pond pump died. Will my Koi's be okay until my pump comes in?

gandy78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Last night my pump to my koi pond died. I have an above ground koi pond in a box flower garden that my husband built me. My pump stopped last night. I ordered a new pump but it will not be in until Saturday. I put an air stone in the pond. Will they be okay? In the spring a lot of pretty flowers are blooming around it. Right now since it is winter everything is dead.

Attachments

CoryFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes as long as there is aeration they will he fine

H Farnsworth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What’s the temp of the water right now? If it’s cold enough you won’t have to worry as much about aeration

gandy78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
H Farnsworth said:
What’s the temp of the water right now? If it’s cold enough you won’t have to worry as much about aeration
We live in NC. It has been warm but now it is colder. The water feels really cold. They haven't gone dormant though. I just got them over the summer so I am still learning about them.

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure but I don’t think that’s a continuous operation pump.
I use these pimps and I’ve been very happy with them. I’ve had one run in my pond every day with little maitenance for 4 years now. Twice per year I clean the impeller. A few more times per year I clean the leaves and gunk from the pre filter. Mine pump 4300 gallons per hour.

Laguna Next Generation Max-Flo 600 Waterfall & Filter Pump (MPN PT-8232) - Best Prices on Everything for Ponds and Water Gardens - Webb's Water Gardens

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads