Help my guppy!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by LJC6780, Jul 2, 2016.

1. LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

So I just discovered my poor guppy's mouth! What is wrong with her and how do I treat it?!

I'm currently treating the tank for Ich from another guppy (which seems gone now but only a week in) and actually just bumped the temp up from 85.x to be over 86. I've also been treating with garlic. I was looking everyone over and noticed her mouth.

Please help![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Based on this article   I have moved her to a 2 qt pitcher with lid (not sealed, just so she doesn't jump out), thermometer and bubble stone with some of her own tank water and sitting under a lamp so the temp will slowly drop. I have some other heaters but nothing that small. Hoping I've caught this in time and that someone local has a treatment I can get tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

Anyone have thoughts?

3. P

Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

It looks like maybe a fungus?
    Is it fluffy looking?
    What are your parameters and what are you testing with?
    How often are your water changes and how much do you change?

4. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

She died. I just did a 65% water change with gravel vac and treated with Safe. I'll check again once everything settles down.

It wasn't fluffy. Just looked like her mouth was stuck open and sort of rotting away. Lost 2 CPD out of that same tank too. And one swordtail out of my other tank. Just did big water changes on both. Hopefully I can get things back under control!

5. P

Peacefantasy Well Known Member Member

What are your parameters in your tanks?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice