Help My Friends Stock Her 29 Gal Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Freshwater-Freshman, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Freshwater-Freshman

Freshwater-FreshmanValued MemberMember

So after a mess of buying baby peppered corys instead of Habrosus, and talking her down from keeping her betta in with them at a tempt of 74-76 degrees. My friend is toying with the idea of changing her stock.

She currently has 10 cherry shrimp, and 6 very happy Peppered Corys I fostered for her. She had her heart set on 7 platys to complete her tank, but all that is a bioload of 89% on AQadvisor and that scares her.

I'm wondering if I should encourage her to get the platys, what's she's planned on for so long. Or if it would be better for her to go another route.

She's told me that I've shown her a lot of types of tetras she's admired. And she really likes dwarf gouramis.

What do you guys think she should do?

2. Katie13

Katie13Fishlore VIPMember

Get her to just get a few male Platys instead.

3. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

Freshwater-FreshmanValued MemberMember

I'll suggest that to her. Though I feel she has some collectorittis and would like a school of smaller fish, she only has the space for this one tank, which is why I quarantine all her fish at my place. But she has changed her mind LOTS of times. So I think she definitely needs to be take her time with anymore fish decisions lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice