Help My Flowerhorn Not Eating

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn Cichlid' started by Abhishekmurthy25, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Abhishekmurthy25New MemberMember

I have a 3 inch flowerhorn . I do not know it is a male or female , yet. It is nearly 3 months old.I had bought when I was in my college hostel. It was all great. It was choosy eating only the bloodworms and I had kept away some pellets in a small bottle to avoid contamination and so that it was easy to take and feed my FH. However it stopped eating pellets which I gave from the bottle but readily ate the pellets from that pellet bag.

Then i brought it from my college to my home in train. I packed it fine. Duration was like 8 hours. I brought home and kept in a bucket for two days. Meanwhile I bought a new tank for FH. It was swimming freely and looked happy. Except that my FH is not eating anything. I tried to give live small guppy juvenile. FH just killed them and did not eat them. It been 8 days. It has not eaten anything.
    I am worried what should I do.

2. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

Hi there,
    Ever since you moved him did you feed him anything other than pellets?
    Feeding him different kinds of food might work.

Is there anything else wrong with him, or is he just not eating?
    What are your water parameters?

3. OP
    OP
    A

Abhishekmurthy25New MemberMember

I tried Guppy juveniles, pellets( for FH) , pellets for goldfish, chicken heart bits, fresh dead fish and just now put some aquatic floating leaves.

4. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

Alright. What are your water parameters?

5. OP
    OP
    A

I don't have a kit

6. OP
    OP
    A

I am doing regular water changes and have installed the same filter which I used in my college hostel tank

7. PrasiidNew MemberMember

I have inch of male flower horn he is happy .Three days ago he ate flower horn pellets but I gave chicken heart and tropical fish food he ate and he is not eating flower horn pellets. What to do him? Is he suffers from and disease .

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice