Help! My fire eel isn’t eating!

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got a new fire eel. I’ve been feeding him bloodworms and fish meat but he doesn’t want it. What do they eat? The website says they eat bloodworms but he’s not eating. Any suggestions?

MoshJosh

Well Known
Reaction score
How new? My understanding is these dudes can be kind of shy/skiddish, and if new to the tank it may be a while due to stress. How is it acting other than not eating? Are there other fish in the tank? What was the fish store feeding?

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MoshJosh said:
How new? My understanding is these dudes can be kind of shy/skiddish, and if new to the tank it may be a while due to stress. How is it acting other than not eating? Are there other fish in the tank? What was the fish store feeding?
Agreed. He may just be settling in. Whenever I get new skittish fish they never eat in the first few days.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go down to the bait store and get some fishing worms. Also you can try Tubifex or Blackworms if you can get them. A friend of mine had one about 2.5 feet long, it loved nightcrawlers.

OP
SaberKillerWystan

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
The fire eel is in the tank for 5 days. There are juvenile tiger shovelnoses and a juvenile black ghost knife

Ok I will try

OP
SaberKillerWystan

SaberKillerWystan

Reaction score
Oh and I live in Malaysia and I can’t find any black worms and tubifex.

New Threads