Help! My Dwarf Gourami Is Sick!!

DanCrutchley

Reaction score
The last day or so I have noticed my Blue Dwarf has been sitting at the top near the filter intake and barely moves not even for feeding. He seems to have something on his back side like a sore or something. I do have a snail issue atm and am going to my lfs tomorrow to get an assassin snail and a clown loach ive taken a water sample to my lfs already and the water params are perfectly fine. Could it be iridovirus? Hes currently in a tank with another dwarf a melon barb and a clown pleco. Thanks in advance

Attachments

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DanCrutchley said:
The last day or so I have noticed my Blue Dwarf has been sitting at the top near the filter intake and barely moves not even for feeding. He seems to have something on his back side like a sore or something. I do have a snail issue atm and am going to my lfs tomorrow to get an assassin snail and a clown loach ive taken a water sample to my lfs already and the water params are perfectly fine. Could it be iridovirus? Hes currently in a tank with another dwarf a melon barb and a clown pleco. Thanks in advance
What tank size?
Ammonia?
Nitrites?
Nitrates?
Temp?
Filter?

It could be DGIV.

DanCrutchley

Reaction score
Update: as I posted this he sank to the floor, unfortunately I think hes passed :'(

Ive just checked him and he had a swollen belly and a legion on his back. Deffo seems to fit dgiv symptoms

I don't know the params as the lfs tested for me as ive miss placed my master test kit during a house move.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads