Help! My Cask Of Mystery Snail Eggs Fell Off And Does Anyone Know How To Hatch Them?

Victor Noda

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So far I put them propped up on a suction cup inside one of those betta jars you buy at Petco with a little bit of water in the bottom half. It's sitting on top of my aquarium now. Is there anything I need to do and how long shall I wait before I give up on them?

Dakotablue

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It can take a couple of weeks. Just keep an eye on them and the tiny little babies should show up in time.

Good luck!

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The lowest time i have seen was 10 days, the longest 16-18 days, depending on humidity and temp.

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Rachel O'Leary has a YouTube video about how she does this... might be worth a watch. Once I had seen her video & felt ready to try it, my snails stopped laying.

StormTrooper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Victor Noda said:
So far I put them propped up on a suction cup inside one of those betta jars you buy at Petco with a little bit of water in the bottom half. It's sitting on top of my aquarium now. Is there anything I need to do and how long shall I wait before I give up on them?
They fell into the water? If you got them out quickly, they should be fine, no worries. You should have a set-up like this: plastic container: inside this container put 1 damp folded napkin, on top of that put a dry folded napkin, on top of that goes the egg clutch. Put a lid on the container (the lid should have a couple holes for oxygen) and simply float it in your tank! If you need to tape it to the side of the tank to avoid getting submerged underwater from the filter, I suggest you do so!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom