Help My Betta's Fins Grow Stronger To Prevent Tearing?

BetterBettaBuddy

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Is there any way to help my betta's fins from tearing as they grow extremely long? they seem to become thinner the longer they become and are more prone to tearing.. is there anything I can do to help his fins grow stronger? Picture of him flaring.. HM Black Orchid, Louis

Attachments

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not sure if you can make them stronger, but you can make them bigger I think. You need to feed the betta a balanced diet and a stress free aquarium. Not sure if this is what you meant though. Hope it helps

BetterBettaBuddy

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He gets a good diet, of live blood worms, freeze dried shrimp and his betta gold pellets. Just didn't know if there was a way to strengthen his fins from damage as they grow.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BetterBettaBuddy said:
He gets a good diet, of live blood worms, freeze dried shrimp and his betta gold pellets. Just didn't know if there was a way to strengthen his fins from damage as they grow.
Not really, Its our job to protect their long flowing fins.

BetterBettaBuddy

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Louis is well cared for, and his tank has a very stable system. His only tank mate is a small golden algea eater that minds its own business. He has a 6 layered filtration system I designed, sand, carbon, natural cotton, ceramic, coconut fiber, and activated charcoal. He has a planted tank, with anubis nana, love grass, and an amazon sword.

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Try some Indian Almond leaves, they are good for soft water fish, bettas especially. I hear great things about them as they improve fin and scale strength, it is often used for conditioning and spawning bettas.

Also provide plenty of resting places close to the surface, things like tall plants, floating plants like water sprite and hornwort, betta leaves and logs etc. A very gentle flow from the filter will also help him a great deal. If he doesn't have to exert himself when trying to reach the surface or swim against a current his fins are less likely to tear.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom