HELP! My betta just ate an ember tetra

suttont11

So I just pt 6 ember tetras in with my betta. (10 gallons) I just saw the betta eat half of one of the ember tetras. I took the other half out. I'm super super freaked out and I feel horrible. I knew the betta would chase them at first but I genuienly didn't think it would come to this. Does the betta need to leave?

Best Answer - View Salem's answer

Salem

Definitely move the betta to another tank.

lojack

Sounds like an excuse for another tank :)

Megaanemp

I think you need another 10 gallon :)

For now you could poke holed in a decent sized Tupperware container so water can pass through, sink it in your tank and put the tetras in there. That will give you time to figure out what to do.

Dechi

Megaanemp said:
For now you could poke holed in a decent sized Tupperware container so water can pass through, sink it in your tank and put the tetras in there. That will give you time to figure out what to do.
That’s brilliant, I’ll remember that if I ever need to separate fishes

StarGirl

suttont11 said:
So I just pt 6 ember tetras in with my betta. (10 gallons) I just saw the betta eat half of one of the ember tetras. I took the other half out. I'm super super freaked out and I feel horrible. I knew the betta would chase them at first but I genuienly didn't think it would come to this. Does the betta need to leave?
Do you want to keep the betta or the tetras? Obviously you have a aggressive betta so no tank mates for him. Either return them or get another tank...;)

Megaanemp

Dechi said:
That’s brilliant, I’ll remember that if I ever need to separate fishes
Thanks I figured that out when I bought the wrong shrimp last month and the only tank suitable for them until I set one up had Rams in it :)

suttont11

StarGirl said:
Do you want to keep the betta or the tetras? Obviously you have a aggressive betta so no tank mates for him. Either return them or get another tank...;)
I returned the betta sadly :( now I have a school of 10 tetras

Top Bottom