Help My Angelfish Is Floating On Its Side Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Alex_ Bakewell, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Alex_ BakewellNew MemberMember

I had a fish tank with an angelfish in it of which i named carrot the fish tank began to grow good algae which made my grandfather decide to clean the tank without asking this has caused massive ph problems, as a result carrot is refusing food and floating on his side i know what has caused the problem but wish to know how to fix it i do not have any spare tanks available to me.

Please do help as i have grown very attached to him as i raised him from one month old

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
  2. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

What are the current parameters? Cleaning algae from the tank shouldn't make a big problem. One problem I could see is whether your grandpa had some substance in his hands and arms that got into the tank, assuming he dove right into it.

3. Alex_ BakewellNew MemberMember

i dont know the current parameters but it was a full water change i did add in some beneficial bacteria form another tank and also some from a bottle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice