Help my African dwarf frog :(

jess1506

i recently noticed that my adf has a sore on his leg and i don’t know what to do. google says it’s a fungal infection but i think it might be a wound from my goldfish. i first had him with my betta and he would attack the betta so i put him with my goldfish. but then the goldfish started attacking the frog :/ so idk if this is an infection or an injury from the goldfish. he can’t use the leg when he swims. after i noticed i moved him into an empty 55 gallon i’m cycling because i had no where else for him. i just got a half gallon plastic tank because he can’t swim well and i don’t want him to struggle to get food. i’ll attach a picture of the leg. please let me know what i should do. do i do nothing and let it heal? do i buy something to treat it? or do i have to euthanize him? i would never want to do that but he can’t swim :( also, if it is an infection, will i be okay to finish cycling my 55 gallon? will this hurt future fish i add to the tank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 23

MasterPython

All you can really do is keep the water very clean and put a bit of polysporin on the wound. Frogs really don't do well with fish.

Upvote 0

jess1506

All you can really do is keep the water very clean and put a bit of polysporin on the wound. Frogs really don't do well with fish.
thank you
i took him out of the water and placed him on a wet paper towel to get a better look, it’s not a fungal infection like i first thought because it’s not fuzzy like i first thought. it looks like the skin is missing from the leg in that specific spot. i don’t have polysporin and moving him by hand or net seems to stress him out because he cannot use the back leg to swim away. and i also assume it’s painful for him :( so i probably won’t put anything on it, just change water daily to keep it clean. i don’t think he has been eating as much so i may switch to a different food or something to try and get his appetite up again. i hope he can come back from this and if not i hope he doesn’t suffer very much longer. there isn’t much i can do for him and my parents aren’t going to let me buy stuff to treat a 3$ frog, which really sucks.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
Chloemarie
Replies
Views